Full Stochastics

WHS BE-NL

Full Stochastics

Post by WHS BE-NL »

full_stochastics.png
The Full Stochastics is a generalization of the Fast Stochastics and the Slow Stochastics.

Formula
First the %K(fast) line is calculated, as with the Fast Stochastics. (This line is not shown in the graph.)
Then:
%K(full) = M1 - period simple moving average of the %K(fast) line
%D(full) = M2 - period simple moving average of the %K(full) line

Parameters
The Full Stochastics has three parameters:
n specifies the number of periods to use when calculating the initial %K(fast).
M1 specifies the number of periods over which the %K(full) line is to be smoothed.
M2 specifies the number of periods used to calculate the %D line.
The Full Stochastic Oscillator is a generalization of the Fast and Slow Stochastic Oscillators because setting the parameters of the Full oscillator to (14, 1, 3) is equivalent to the Fast oscillator with parameters set to (14,3), and setting the parameters of the Full oscillator to (14,3,2) is equivalent to the Slow oscillator with parameters set to (14,2).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steven D

Re: Full Stochastics

Post by Steven D »

Is there a way to change the color of the lines?

thx,
Steven
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Hi Steven,

yes, if you open the code in the Express Editor you can define a new colour at the bottom of the page (last two lines). For example just replace "blue" by "red" etc.

Kind regards,
Timo
WH SELFINVEST
Steven D

Post by Steven D »

Hi,

If I define the colors at bottom to "red" and "blue" i get an error and have to set them back to original.

any thoughts?

thx,
Steven
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Hello,

I have just changed the text for you, so you have an example. It was tested on the platform and it works.

Best regards

WHS Lux
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IntraDay

Post by IntraDay »

Hi,

When I try to optimize this usefull express indicator, I get following error message :
snap.png
Could you help ?

Thanks,

Intraday
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Hi,

I slightly improved the syntax to avoid this error. Just apply (overwrite) with the new Express file and it should work.

Kind regards,
Timo
WH SELFINVEST
IntraDay

Post by IntraDay »

Many thanks Timo !
You are a so quick and so good express developer :-)

Are you part of WHS support or developer team ?
I never had priviledge to exchange with you yet as I mainly contact WHS support team in french... ;-)

With regards,

Intraday
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Hi Intraday,
thanks for the kind words :).

I'm part of the WHS Support team but mainly for the German and English clients. My Express knowledge is still limited but always trying to improve whenever possible. Feel free to send us your Express questions by Email or post them here in Forum. Whenever they are in English I will try to take care about it :).

Kind regards,
Timo
WH SELFINVEST

Return to “Express codes & tools”