Scalping EA

Lizardman

Scalping EA

Post by Lizardman »

Good evening everyone!

I would like to ask simple questions, hope I'll get TRUE answers:
- Is it possible / 100% LEGAL to use a scalping EA on MT4 platform at WH?
- Is there any sanction, if I use such a program in long term succesfully?

First of all, I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR THE TRUTH. If I'll start to use this system, and suddenly (1-2 week later...) 'accidently' I can't open/close positions in time, and so on... And of course the usual answers are coming up, for example: ' We're sorry, the Liquidity Providers's fault..."

Thank you the answers,
Peter Mittomen
WHS Support

Re: Scalping EA

Post by WHS Support »

Dear Peter,

Reading your question I assume that you did have some problems with your EA in the past with other providers?

For the time being WHS never had the case where we had to stop a client from using any EA.

Technically speaking there can be problems on the MT4 side if an EA is placing too many pending orders in a short period of time. This can cause difficulties and latencies on the server also concerning other clients and hence it has to be stopped.
But this has nothing to do with the fact if you are profitable or not.

Kind regards
Dominic
WHS
Lizardman

Post by Lizardman »

Dear Dominic,

Yes, sadly we had bad experiences with A LOT brokers (MM, ECN (but I'll hardly believe it was true ECN...) ).

Actually we did not use the EA straight through MT4, but through MT4's API, to get more less latency and so on...

Please, explain that sentence with numbers : "if an EA is placing too many pending orders in a short period of time" . How much is that in numbers?

Yours sincerely,
Peter
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Dear Peter,

sad to hear this.

To be honest I can not comment on the exact numbers. Within WHS we did not have the case. It is something we learned from other suppliers in the industry.
We would be very happy to discuss your needs and also the technology we offer in some more detail.
For this I think it makes sense if you send an email wit some more information like account size, volumes, traded instruments and number of orders to our support desk. I don´t think that this should be discussed in a public forum.

Kind regards
Dominic
WHS
Lizardman

Post by Lizardman »

WHS Support wrote:Dear Peter,

sad to hear this.

To be honest I can not comment on the exact numbers. Within WHS we did not have the case. It is something we learned from other suppliers in the industry.
We would be very happy to discuss your needs and also the technology we offer in some more detail.
For this I think it makes sense if you send an email wit some more information like account size, volumes, traded instruments and number of orders to our support desk. I don´t think that this should be discussed in a public forum.

Kind regards
Dominic
WHS
Dear Dominic,

I've written an email to you ( to info - at - whselfinvest.com from my registered email address ) on Tuesday, but still did not get answer.
Please, look after it!
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Hi Peter,

we check all our emails from the last days and could not find it. Would it be possible to sent it again?

Kind regards
Dominic
WHS
Lizardman

Post by Lizardman »

Sent it again!

Return to “Forex”