Futures margin intraday / overnight

Will

Futures margin intraday / overnight

Post by Will »

Hello,

In your page https://www.whselfinvest.com/en/trading ... hp?sheet=1, you tell about Intraday / Overnight margins, but when do you apply each one? Does it depend on the market?

For instance, maybe for Eurex from 8:00 to 22:00 CET, because it closes at 22:00 CET. And for S&P500, shouldn't it be from 0:00-23:00 CET, because it closes at 23:00 CET? I am all right, am I not?

If you trade Nikkei from 0:00 to 23:00 CET, you will be all the time with intraday margin, won't be? I say that because when here in Europe is night, there in Japan is day, so I think maybe all that time should be considered intraday, wouldn't be?

If it is so, intraday margin will apply between the open and the close, and overnight margin will apply between the close and the open. Am I correct?

Regards,

Will
WHS Support

Re: Futures margin intraday / overnight

Post by WHS Support »

Dear Will,

the electronic system will always take intraday margin for your orders. So all executions during the night will be based on intraday margin.
Overnight margin is relevant for the statements. Cut off time here is 22:15. So at that moment you have to comply with overnight margin regulation.

If you want to speak about this on an example in your account it would be best to contact us via e-mail.

Kind regards
Dominic
WHS
Will

Post by Will »

Ok, that's perfect. It's all clear now.
rawand

Post by rawand »

That's absolutely what I was looking for!
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
BFOR

Post by BFOR »

Hello,

"Cut off time here is 22:15. So at that moment you have to comply with overnight margin regulation."

Does this mean that if I close a position on CME at 9:50 p.m. and reopen it at 12:10 a.m., I will comply with the overnight margin regulations?

Regards

Return to “Futures”