MULTIPLE SIGNALS/SYSTEMS IN ONE XPRESS

davex770

MULTIPLE SIGNALS/SYSTEMS IN ONE XPRESS

Post by davex770 »

HI
AS a nanotrader user,im interested to include more than one signals/systems , inside one express document, but im not sure its possible. I give an example :

adding kilter channel including upper, lower and middle band, the actual interpretation give us signals concerning the upper and the lower band. but im interested to add a signal also when the middle band are crossed . also additional signals /interpretation when the multiple return inside the bands arrive.

another example: I want to add three MMA in different time input. I want to give a different signal and interpretation concerning every one.

so is this possible to include multiple interpretation inside one xpress document? and how?

thanks a lot
Auri

Re: MULTIPLE SIGNALS/SYSTEMS IN ONE XPRESS

Post by Auri »

Hi davex,

as far as I know one can add as many conditions for the interpretation as needed. The question is whether you want to rely on a certain consensus between the various conditions or if any of the selected conditions could generate a signal at any given time. If the latter is true you can simply add a new line for the next condition. Although this is the same as adding multiple indicators as a sentimentor and adjusting the MetaSentimtor threshold levels at the same time.

All the best.
davex770

Post by davex770 »

hi miss tomars ;)

thanks a lot for your answer.
in fact im interested by some totally different roles inside one. the raison im looking for this its very simple: the NanoTrader platform offer us to run only one system at a time per instrument. if for example I need to run two separate systems on the crude oil futures, one based on moving average, and second on RSI ,with different signals, I cannot do it. so my idea are to create -as you mentioned- two totally different roles inside one express document.
of course that not mean two different positions at the same time on one instrument,technicaly its impossible by the nature on the market without have two separate account.

il be happy to get any feedback from the whs representatives about this question
have a good day
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Hi davex,

(nearly) everything is possible ;)
As mentioned in the first reply you can simply add as many conditions in one indicator as you want. The only requirement is to do the proper calculation for all indicators in one single code or importing the required series. Below is an example for the MACD + RSI indicators that are merged in one code. Both indicators can generate a signal depending on which condition fires first:

Code: Select all

Express MACD_p_RSI

Vars

Series 
RSI,
fastMA, 
slowMA, 
Signalline, 
MACD, 
Zeroline(0);

Input
$fastEMA(1, 200, 12),
$slowEMA(1, 200, 26),
$smooth(1, 200, 9),
$RSI(1, 50, 14);

Calculation
If IsFirstbar() then 
begin
  CalculateAtEveryTick(false);
  ExpMovingAverage(c, fastMA, $fastEMA);
  ExpMovingAverage(c, slowMA, $slowEMA);
  RSI(c, RSI, $RSI);
end
MACD = fastMA-slowMA;
If IsFinalBar() then ExpMovingAverage(MACD, Signalline, $smooth);

Interpretation
begin
  //Condition MACD
  If CrossesAbove(MACD, Signalline) then Sentiment = 100;
  if CrossesBelow(MACD, Signalline) then Sentiment = 0;

//Condition RSI
  if (RSI[1] > 70) and (RSI < 70) then Sentiment = 0;
  if (RSI[1] < 30) and (RSI > 30) then Sentiment = 100;

end

plot (MACD, lightblue, 1);
plot (Signalline, red, 1);

plot (RSI, magenta, 1);

plotline(70, lightred, 1);
plotline(30, lightred, 1);

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Timo
WH SELFINVEST
davex770

Post by davex770 »

hey timo
thanks a lot for your post.im exciting to go and try it myself, il be here back to give my conclusions and examples to all
best regards

Return to “WHS NANOTRADER - EXPRESS PROGRAMMING”