Apply Study to all Symbols in a QuoteBoard

herals20

Apply Study to all Symbols in a QuoteBoard

Post by herals20 »

Hi All,

I created a new QuoteBoard, and then added all symbols 'Equities US'. - more than 100 equities.
By default all the symbols are with none study, here my question:

How can I apply at the same time the same study to the whole list of symbols that are currently in my QuoteBoard list?

I do not want to go one by one and apply the same study, there are more than 100 symbols in that table.

Regards

Hernán Alvarado
WHS Support

Re: Apply Study to all Symbols in a QuoteBoard

Post by WHS Support »

Hello,

there is unfortunately no native function to apply a study to all instruments simultaneously (however this is on the roadmap for future upgrades / enhancements of the platform).

The easiest workaround is to create a screener with the Nasdaq 100 instruments. If you not already have one, see the file attached. Now apply your template study to the screener and save+run:
n100.png
After a short while the result is displayed at the bottom in a separate screener window. Inside this window you can see all 100 Nasdaq instruments with your study attached. You can now simply select all instruments (CTRL+A) and drag & drop them into your quoteboard and they will all have your study included.

This approach will take 2-3 minutes but should be significantly faster than going through all 100 instruments one by one.

Kind regards,
Timo
WH SELFINVEST
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
herals20

Post by herals20 »

Thanks Timo.
I will try that!

Regards

Hernán
herals20

Post by herals20 »

Dear Timo,

I tried your suggestion and it worked only if I drag and drop a few shares in the QuoteBoard.
If I selected all and drag and drop the program crashes. If I do it by sections, then when I am almost at the end it crashes too.

I am running the system in a 4 GB RAM Virtual Machine.

Regards

Hernan
herals20

Post by herals20 »

Hi,

Another question. The file that you sent me is a QuoteBoard which I copied in ..C:\Users\heral\Documents\NanoTrader\LiveTables
It showed up in the quoteboard list, however How do I use it in the screener?
In the "Select Securities" button I cannot see a option to choose a QuoteBoard list.

Thanks

Hernán
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

herals20 wrote:Dear Timo,

I tried your suggestion and it worked only if I drag and drop a few shares in the QuoteBoard.
If I selected all and drag and drop the program crashes. If I do it by sections, then when I am almost at the end it crashes too.

I am running the system in a 4 GB RAM Virtual Machine.

Regards

Hernan
Dear Hernan,

I am not aware of any issues in regards of a maximum number for the drag&drop. But I can imagine that there might be an upper limit depending on the system as this process triggers the creation of new files in the NanoTrader\Dys Folder. In case you drag&drop 200 instruments at the same time for example 200 (new) .dys files will be created in the DYS folder in order to feed the Livetable (quoteboard). Depeding on the system this could be indeed a bit too much.

Kind regards,
Timo
WH SELFINVEST
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

herals20 wrote:Hi,

Another question. The file that you sent me is a QuoteBoard which I copied in ..C:\Users\heral\Documents\NanoTrader\LiveTables
It showed up in the quoteboard list, however How do I use it in the screener?
In the "Select Securities" button I cannot see a option to choose a QuoteBoard list.

Thanks

Hernán
Dear Hernan,

the file I uploaded in my first post is a screener file. That's why you need to save it in the screener folder which is normally: Documents\NanoTrader\Scripts

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Timo
WH SELFINVEST

Return to “WHS NanoTrader”