Applying orders from a symbol study on another symbol

IntraDay

Applying orders from a symbol study on another symbol

Post by IntraDay »

Hi,

Is it possible in Nanotrader to have a study running on a symbol 1 which would generate buy/sell orders only on a symbol 2 (but not on symbol 1) ?
Idea behind is to benefit for example from a strategy which runs on CFD DAX but which would generate only intraday orders on Tages DAX CFD
in order to benefit from tighter intraday spread from Tages DAX CFD

Thanks & regards,

Intraday
Ceres

Re: Applying orders from a symbol study on another symbol

Post by Ceres »

Hi Intraday
that's possible by calling a Study i.e. whs-nanotrader-express-programming/prog ... n-t64.html y(study.close); // or open high low - no! volume
Cordially

Ceres
IntraDay

Post by IntraDay »

Hi Ceres,

Many thanks for your quick answer with usefull link.

Case I would like to implement might be more complex as CFD DAX quotes 24h/24h but Tages DAX CFD quotes only between 8AM and 22PM.
Would it be possible to take into account candles from CFD DAX before 8AM (some indicators need few overnight candles to be ready to trade at 8AM)
as Tages DAX CFD won't be quoted at that time ?

With regards,

Intraday
Ceres

Post by Ceres »

Hello Intraday , in principle you have to use the longer timeline (first) and call the short timeline study (second) . The axis Ox is drawn based on the data . it can 't be widens or extended .

have a nice day

Ceres
Marius_94

Post by Marius_94 »

Hi,

I'm trying to apply the signals of one symbol via a study - both charts are on a 1-tick-base, meaning every tick is shown individually. However, most of the signals produced in the "master" chart aren't transferred to the second "slave" chart. Is that a tick chart problem? And how could I solve that?

Best,
Marius

Return to “WHS NanoTrader”