Detach/embed

jpginvest001

Detach/embed

Post by jpginvest001 »

When I detach a graph and I move it to the second scrren, and subsequently I click the stop to be break-even.
If I put the graph back through embed, the stops revert to its previous position.
Any idea why this is happening and what to do to keep the beakeven stop in place ?
Additional info: the original stop was farther from the price (risk is negative) and the P/L is winning around +25 at the time this is experienced.

Thanks for your attention

best

JP Grossar
jpginvest001

Re: Detach/embed

Post by jpginvest001 »

Hello everybody,

let me add this precision: I did it again but after switching off the second screen: now I have seen a pop-up (showing only if you turn off your second screen before) saying: “Embed/detach will deactivate the tactics...”.
So it seems this behaviour is known of programmed....
Why is that so ? I don’t see why embed and detach should interfere with the display, the more so that working with multi screen is unavoidable in trading...Is there a way to circumvent this problem ?

Best

JP
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Hi JP,

If you use the tactics for your Click Target/Click Stop and you then proceed to either detach or embed the study you will receive a message box such as the one shown in the screenshot below.

As you were expecting, this is a known phenomenon and the reason why the stop/limit orders return back to the original levels is due to the fact that FutureStation will reload the study's configuration each time the study is detached from, or embedded into the master window. When using the tactics in combination with your TradeGuard, please therefore refrain from detaching or embedding until your position is closed or the tactics are no longer used.

Regards,
Bastiaan
WHS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Hi JP,

You can detach the chart and organize them on your screens. But you should not do this while Tradeguard or Tactics are activated.
So if for expample you detach the chart, you activate TradeGuard you will have no problem.

Kind regards
Dominic
WHS

Return to “WHS NanoTrader”