NanoTrader Playbacks

Tibovwh

NanoTrader Playbacks

Post by Tibovwh »

Is it possible to create a playback for a period longer than 1 day? If yes, how?

Best,
WHS Support

Re: NanoTrader Playbacks

Post by WHS Support »

Hi,

you need to load more tick data for the playback.
This is only possible with a futures account.

Kind regards
Dominic
WHS
Tibovwh

Post by Tibovwh »

Thank you for your reply.

I am currently trying with a Futures Demo on Nanotrader Full. However, It will load a couple of days back for some futures, but the playback only plays Today.

Would it be possible to create a playback file with historical tickdata from other sources?

Best,
Tibovwh

Post by Tibovwh »

Alright I managed to load 20 days worths of futures tick data in the playback. I guess it is not possible to convert a larger sample of tickdata into a playback file and save it into the playback folder of Nanotrader? This is a great feature and it would be very helpful.

Best,
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Hi,

agreed on the good features. But there are some restriction.
1) commercial - long-term historical tick data is extremely expensive. It can be bought at several vendors, you can write us an email and we will give you the names. But be aware that it will be 1.000+ USD per future.

2) technological - tick data is very intensive for computing. You will need a very strong and fast system to use it.

Regards
Dominic
Tibovwh

Post by Tibovwh »

Thank you for your reply.

Let's assume, hypothetically speaking, I had a large sample of tick data. Is it possible to convert this into a file that is usable in the Playback of Nanotrader? If so, How?

Great weekend,
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Hi,

not directly a playback.
But there is a module called external data which allows you to load external data into the platform.
The best way to activate this is writing an email to our support desk.

Kind regards
Dominic
WHS

Return to “WHS NanoTrader”