Some possible misfunctionings to mention

jpginvest001

Some possible misfunctionings to mention

Post by jpginvest001 »

Hello,

NOTE: I POST THIS IN ENGLISH SO THAT IT CAN BE USED BY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE USERS. HOPE IT IS USEFUL THIS WAY

After having tested Nano in demo for some time now, please note some "misfunctionings" (if I can call it so) I have encountered, I thank you in advance for your attention and for a solution.

1) Sometimes, the button backtesting doesn't react, without explanation, no BT window opens, nothing happens. Then by pressing walkforward and cancelling this screen, if one press backtesting again it does work....

2) Use of walk forward: but sometimes instead of walk forward I get nano trader system message "encounter improper argument", doesn't say what, so impossible to get out of this state, have to close Nano by use of the system's "stop process" as there is no return to Nano main screen possible ! :?

3) Sometimes the backtesting refuses to work but at the level of the BT window: when pressing start is says "all parameters are fixed, there is nothing to optimize"; but when one changes one parameter manually and puts back the original value, the backtesting does work....

4) Often times there can be very small interruptions of the internet connection, this happens everywhere unfortunately; this causes Nano to crash and there is no alternative than to close everyting and to restart, even with "automatic reconnection" checked.
But then:
* during some period of time the studies haven't functioned, so this means loss of control and increased risk as one cannot look constantly at the screen (or then there is no sense in auto order).
* the pending orders (e.g. brackets) are still there but it is impossible to restart the corresponding study in automatic mode without cancelling them first.
* The study then initiates new pending orders but there are not the same so where is the stability in the optimization of the model ?
It happens also the Nano stops responding, without explanation, after waiting 30 minutes, no change, no reason given,..and the effects are the same as for a lost connection.

Looking forward to your/other users' comments

Best regards

JP Grossar
WHS Support

Re: Some possible misfunctionings to mention

Post by WHS Support »

Hello Mr Grossar,

Thanks a lto for your post and your remarks.

1& 2: We have never experienced such issues and also could not reproduce them. If you have this issue the next time, could you please give our HelpDesk a call we we will have a look via distance connection.

3: This normally happens if you have fixed the parameters. Normally this helps if you only want to optimize a single parameter and not the whole strategy. Some other indicators do not have a variable parameter that could be optimized.

4: When loosing the connection the orders stay on the server. This is for the users safety. If you then restart the study you have to activate it again and also place to order at the correct levels. Unfortunatelly this can not be changed.

In regards to the freezing of the platform I would also ask you to give us a call. Very often this is related to to many historical data and/or some programming issues on own express codes.

Kind regards
Dominic
WHS
jpginvest001

Post by jpginvest001 »

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. In the meantime I have a few other points to mention and I have documented them by putting printscreens in the attched Excel spreadsheet.

1) When using trade statistics (button before last on the right of the positions screen) for currencies, it seems it is adding appels and pears: the results per line are in the second currency of the pair and the summary just adds them up, but you can have CHF, CAD, JPY,...added to the very often used USD; in my example you will see a trade concerning AUDJPY yielding a result of 10, which is 10 JPY but added to all the rest which is USD; the second tab shows the trades concerned 419806436 and 419804932 so you can verify.

2) Freezing platform: I have had now a few other occurences and it appears to be often after use of the TradeReport. I am not Sherlock Homes but this is the clue that I find; can be wrong but I just give you as indication. You will see the PRTSCR on the third tab of what happened.

3) After closing and reopening I see the 3 last lines Study State n/a whereas I was sure to have saved all the studies and the page some time before. It is not very clear to me how one can verify the the latest status is saved AND USED if the platform crashes.

In the meantime I don't see how to send you an attached spreadsheet in this formu, so I will send it separately by mail to info.

Thanks and Best regards

JPG
WHS Support

Post by WHS Support »

Hello Grossar,

Thanks a lot for your email and the screenshots.

1) You are right. The Daytrading statistic takes the absolut value of the trade. So with JPY for example you will see huge profits (or losses). Unfortunatelly this is quite complicated to fix and might have an impact on other functions. So unfortunatelly this is nothing that can be fixed in short-term.

2) Could you please check how much data you are loading? I see several charts and also Express programs. Sometimes this, together with opening something else simply gets too much.

3) Normally the studies are saved and like this can be activated again immediatly. Could you please veryfy what is you starting page? Sometimes Clients save a page but start the platfrom with a different one.

Perhaps with the screenshots it is easier to move this conversation to e-mail.

Kind Regards
Dominic
WHS
nomibucha

Post by nomibucha »

this is very informative sharing indeed

Return to “WHS NanoTrader”