strategies results changes

derschnee

strategies results changes

Post by derschnee »

hello,
I use to backtest my strategies with futurestation, and very often I notice that, after I close ad re-open a good strategy, it appears completely changed in its results! I cannot find an explanation of this problem; does somebody else get it too?
Let me know, and contact me eventually, please, because it is not possible to operate like this.
Thanks in advance and best regards.

lorenzo
WHS Support

Re: strategies results changes

Post by WHS Support »

Hello Lorenzo,

We have deleted your e-mail address in your post to prevent spam-bots reading it and add it to their distribution list.

In regards to your problem:
Normally a study is saved with x days of history. So it might go back until the 01.01.2014.
If you open it 2 days later, the amount stays the same and it will only start 03.01.2014.
This will lead to a different value for the indicators and like this create different signals.

Just reading in your German post that you say that it would be immediately, so even on the same day. We can not replicate this.
Perhaps you can send us a screenshot with the strategy and the dys file by email. Then we can see the results we get, compared to yours.

Kind regards
Dominic
WHS
derschnee

Post by derschnee »

I have obviously considered that I loose the first days off the results of the study, but my strategies are always flat during the night, and thet should not change in the results of the following days.
I am now sending you per mail a new study, I shall use with real money, and I pray you to check it, even in the following days, to control if the problem appears again.

Thanks and best regards.

lorenzo
WHS Deutschland

Post by WHS Deutschland »

Hi Lorenzo,
we have already received the study by mail and we will check now the results on our side.
Thanks a lot. We come back to you asap.
Best regards, Iris for WH SELFINVEST

Return to “WHS NanoTrader”