Trading system development using API

adgpro

Trading system development using API

Post by adgpro »

Hi Timo (I think you probably are the person to reply to this item),

I want to develop a fully automated trading program (by preference using NanoTrader (NT) ).
I tried to do this using Express, but unfortunately, got stuck regarding (lack of) a few key features (I can get to this in detail later on ...).

I saw next items on the Forum :
whs-nanotrader-express-programming-f29/ ... t3115.html
whs-nanotrader-express-programming-f29/ ... t2658.html

My question now is :
Is it possible to build a (custom) fully automated trading program (in C++) using the Fipertec API ?
Or is it limited to develop (high level) indicators ?
And can it run (once build) on the VPS ?
Do you have an example (or examples) of a working system (the strategy itself may be worthless, it's just to know how to
generate an order, put a stop loss, etc ... ?

More details to follow ...

Thanks in advance.
Alain
WHS Support

Re: Trading system development using API

Post by WHS Support »

Dear Alain,

thank you for your message. We have deleted your personal data in your post. It is not good to have this data online.

You can use the Indicator API in the way that you program an indicator and "stream" it into Nano.
But you can also do all the calculation part outside and simply send the sentiment (100=buy, 0=sell) into Nano.

To then put a stop loss, it would make sense to e.g. use NanoTrader´s TradeGuard function. It will protect any open position.

You can use this on a VPS. Nevertheless not on our VPS, it is not designed for this.

Regards
Dominic
WHS
adgpro

Re: Trading system development using API

Post by adgpro »

Dear Dominic,

Thx for your reply.
However, you only give me a partial answer ...

"We have deleted your personal data in your post. It is not good to have this data online."
-> Ok, I'm sorry, I'll stick to that ...

"You can use the Indicator API in the way that you program an indicator and "stream" it into Nano.
But you can also do all the calculation part outside and simply send the sentiment (100=buy, 0=sell) into Nano.
To then put a stop loss, it would make sense to e.g. use NanoTrader´s TradeGuard function. It will protect any open position."
-> If I read this, it seems that one has to respect the 'traditional' Express blocks …
-> And I pointed out that I want to make a fully automated trading program, so as far as I know, this is only possible using AutoOrder ...

"The API is targeted to programming professionals wanting to use specific libraries or specialized algorithms that go beyond the scope of NanoTrader-Express."
-> Here are some features that I want to implement in my 'specialized algorithm' (and that are not possible using NT Express) :
1) I need 'Intrabar' entry (I do not want to wait for the close of the signal bar to open a position).
2) As I use multiple lots (and hence multiple profit targets, and multiple stops), I want to handle these lots using logic :
For example, "if xyz condition is true then close x lots of the open position"
3) If Profit Target 1 is reached, then close y lots of the open position, and if this is verified, then move the stop loss to …

Is this possible using the API ?

And I repeat my question :
Do you have an example (or examples) of a working system written in C++ using the API (the strategy itself may be worthless, it's just to know how to
generate an order, put a stop loss, etc ... ?

"You can use this on a VPS."
-> Ok, it is always possible …"
"Nevertheless not on our VPS, it is not designed for this."
-> Ok, that was my question ...

And I know that you (WHS and/or Fipertec) don't give any support on this, but is there someone (an experienced software engineer, having experience with NT Express and the use of this API) that I can contact (even paid) to help me on this ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Alain

Return to “WHS NANOTRADER - EXPRESS PROGRAMMING”